Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Construction Update

First let me address Smith Paving. While I was pissed about the ungodly hour for construction, that WAS the only day they started so early. The rest of the week the noise has started about 7:30 am. I cannot complain about that. Besides, this road was a mess and REALLY needed repaired. I am trying to be patient but c'mon, I am not a nice person at 6:40 in the morning! Thanks to Lisa and Loraine for letting me know about the person to contact about the noise ordinance. Now, if anyone knows who to contact about the butt crack ordinance, I'd appreciate that! Oof.

Now, on to an update!

Part of my tree lawn is littered with little flags. I am all about flags but with bifocals, I had to get up close to see what they said!


Gas lines, cool. I realize they are under there but some how pointing them out just kinda freaked me out. I see there is a new line in the tree lawn. Mike says the line has always been there, but they might have just made it more visible. Ok, that made sense.


I wish they'd work on my water line. I've hit that with the damn mower more times than I can count! I'll have to get pictures of it since it really looks beat up. It couldn't all be from my bad mowing, but I sure put my marks on it! But, I digress.

This must be the old line which was about 20 feet or so to the south of the new line.


And, a new line a couple of feet or so away from the one above.


I am not a good visualizer. That's why I needed help placing the furniture in my house! That's why there are still very few pictures on my walls. I can't visualize how I want something or how it should be. I could NEVER build a house from scratch! Too many decisions! So, we are all torn up and I'm sure there is a reason for it all, but I just can't picture in my mind's eye how good it will look when it's done.



Who ever knew exactly what it looked like under the road? This is really kind of fascinating.


So there ya go. An update on our paving project. I'll keep taking pictures so we can watch this progress. I have no idea when this is supposed to be finished. Hey, I'm just a home owner. I've found out recently that being a home owner means nothing! I am not kept informed on ANYthing. I guess it's all on a need-to-know basis and I obviously don't need to know.

I had read that this reconstruction project was on the plate for this year, but the Friday they started, it was a surprise to all of us. You'd think they'd notify the home owners or the neighbors or something that their world is about to be messed up.

So, maybe Smith Paving is off of my shit list, but don't think I've run out of things to bitch about. The next post will fill you in on all of that! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

They have been very busy in the last few days since we left, haven't they??? I must warn you that things will always get worse before they get better, and like you say, you will never know of any time schedule or finishing products before they take over!! If you look at your deed search, you own to the center of the road. But somewhere in that same sentence, hidden from your eyes, the city owns 1-foot of your property further than you own to the center of the road back to your house!!
This way, they have all the rights in the world to come in and mess up your sidewalk, which they legally own, but you are responsible to fix, and any part of your yard that contains public utilities!!! Just doesn't seem right that they can invade your property this way, but they can. Do you have any say in what goes on...yes and no. They have a legal obligation to you to return your property to the original state it was in when they started this project.(At least in NY!!...now Ohio, I can only hope for your sake!) Hopefully, things will be better than the original starting condition. Good luck g/f on this project and we will be watching for more updates. Hopefully they will be done before we come back to visit again!