Sunday, May 08, 2011

PhotoPhun: Unusual Views

Way to go Chuck, on picking this week's challenge! Unusual views. My mind went racing on this one but alas, I edited out the bathroom pictures! Some things we just don't need to see immortalized on my blog!

But, here is what I did do for unusual views.

First view is under my dining room table. Other than vacuuming under here I never really look under here. I guess I should have hung up my coat first. So, here we go!


The next two views are from Ron and they are unusual because normally you see firemen called out to put out fires. In my neighborhood, they are here to start the fires first and then put them out. This house has been empty and for sale for about three or four years now. Well, instead of getting it fixed up and renting it out, someone in their infinite wisdom decided it would be better to burn the sucker down and use it as a training exercise for future fire fighters. I guess that's a noble cause. Be safe out there, guys. The pictures are not out of focus, that's the smoke in the air!



You want to know somewhere else I never look? Under my bed! But, I put my camera down there and snapped a few pics. It seems that the boogie man and nightmares that live under the bed are hiding, and all that's left is kitty prints in the dust and my box of pictures. I really am trying to be better as I stated in my New Year's resolutions! I just cleaned this room last weekend!!


Now on to one of our favorite places to take pictures for ANY occasion!! Lakeview Park! First, looking UP a tree, literally.


Looking out through Ron's hand. Now that I think of it, this might not be as unusual as I originally thought. After all, this is the way I watch most scary or suspenseful movies, through his fingers!


And now, letting my ADD show, this is how I watched Black Swan last night. For real, can anyone explain that movie to me? It won numerous awards and I truly have NO clue what the heck it was about. I don't get it. But, I digress.

Lastly, looking up through the seat of one of the benches at Lakeview Park. Just be happy it's my face I'm shooting and not my ass on that bench!


There we go. Unusual views! I know my fellow PhotoPhunners are known for their unusual views so make sure you go check out Lisa (and Chuck??) and Mark's blogs!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Too funny! You had a lot of fun with this! A lot of different places, too! Can't help you with the movie; haven't seen it and not sure if I will. Great job! Whose turn is it?

Lisa said...

The fun you had doing this shows in your pictures! And way to get out and about in Lorain! Good job!

I always thought that the fire dept publicized training exercises like that, at least to the neighbors. Oh yeah, it was probably on the last page of the printed MJ, buried in the classifieds in 8pt font with all the other important news. :-\

I think I'm up next since Ree has already reserved the 29th!

Lisa said...

Okay, the next challenge is...night.