Thursday, May 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Edna Party!

You know how I love birthdays! Edna must be on the same page as me on that once since she flew 3,000 miles to come home and party with family and friends for her birthday a few weekends ago!

Now, with me loving birthdays as I do, plus Edna being my good friend, of COURSE I went to the party and strapped on the feed bag! C'mon people! There is no carbs in birthday food OR birthday cake! Right??

Luckily these people know me and my love of taking pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't get many of actual people but I sure did get a ton of pictures of the food! Hey, I was hungry when I went over there! What do you expect from me?

I have no idea what most of the food was, but I can tell you, I had some of absolutely everything. I was told the Arabic name of all of this stuff, but I couldn't repeat any of it if my life depended on it. It doesn't matter, I ate it all.


Ok, I did know the salad! That was an easy one!


This one I knew too, tabouli. That must mean yummy!


No idea what these were but I ate them anyway.



All I know about this one is that Nick was grilling them up outside. And, they are mighty tasty!


Stuffed grape leaves. MMMM!


Roasted leg of lamb. Another first for me. I should never have waited this long to try it!


Don't think I didn't enjoy myself. This is my dish after three trips to the food table!


It was a fast weekend home for our friends, but it was so good to see them. Here is our birthday girl Edna, with Aunt Sandra behind her and her dad, Nick, to the right.


And of course, David, hamming it up for my camera! At least I don't leave my camera on the table waiting for someone to pick it up and start snapping pictures!


Happy Birthday, Edna!

No comments: