Sunday, May 01, 2011

PhotoPhun: Straight or Straight And Narrow

Ron and I went on a little adventure this morning looking for the straight and the straight and narrow. Too bad we picked a dreary day to do this but that's just how it worked out this week. Here is what we found!

Actually, I have to back track first. This first picture is from the archives. A banged up, but straight sidewalk in front of my house! I know, not even summer yet and I'm longing for fall. Yeah, never happy.


And now, the pictures from our adventure today. Ron and I took a nice ride out in the country. As always, some shots didn't work but some did. I really intended on getting a shot down the run way of the Lorain County Airport! Who knew that you couldn't get that close to it! Spoil sports. But, I did get this shot from Butternut Ridge Road.


My challenge today was to find a road with no traffic long enough for me to stand in the middle of it and get a picture! People were not cooperating with me today! But, I finally got my shot!

Down the same road we found some wicked power lines. Straight, and narrow!


The expansion joint from my driveway. I should have played with this one more.


Since it's been awhile since I've submitted a bathroom shot, I thought I was due! My bathroom tile!


Another take on my straight and narrow: after Ron took me out for Margareetas recently, I've been walking the straight and narrow! Boy, howdy! I am too old to party!


Make sure you head over to Lisa and Mark's and see how much fun they had with this week's challenge!

Chuck has already picked out next week's challenge. Next week we have Unusual Views. I KNOW this is going to be fun!! If anyone has any suggestions for a PhotoPhun challenge, throw them out there. We are always looking for ideas!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Great road shot! Those are always cool. Never thought about the high power lines; good move. And I'm with you all the way with the pop cans. I just bought a 12 of Corona Light because you could get a $10 rebate if you bought $20 in groceries at Giant Eagle, which makes the 12-pack cost a whopping $2. I think the last time I bought beer was around Thanksgiving.

Yea. BO-ring.

Great job this week!!

Lisa said...

Ree and Ron's big adventure! I thought there was a spot on one of the roads around the airport where you can see the end of a runway. I want to go out there at night and catch the runway lights. Well done!