Monday, May 23, 2011

Flowers

So much to blog about, but I haven't had the time to sit and write. Let's try to fix that right now!

When you walk in to where I work, you are in the front lobby. One huge plant lives full time in our lobby and in the winter, my brother Mike and my nephew Mike, both winter one of their plants in our lobby. I've blogged before where I took on the responsibility of watering and nurturing them, just to have all of their leaves fall off! Well, they not only lived through my care but they have been known to thrive as well! I have heard that they are Moonflowers, but don't hold me to it.

A couple of weeks ago, I was sweeping up the lobby and I saw one of the plants, out of nowhere, had a full bloom! I didn't even notice it coming!


They really are beautiful and smell wonderful. This is looking up into the flower:


I thought if one of these trees is blooming, perhaps the other one is too. I went over to the other one to inspect and sure enough, not one, but THREE buds were easily visible!


About a week later, I was the first one at work one day. I unlocked the door, walked in to the lobby, and I was about blown over from the smell! These three blooms had opened during the night and the smell was most everywhere in the building! It really was overwhelming at first. I have never smelled anything like it! It wasn't a bad thing, just really, really overpowering.

Of course, I grabbed my camera and here is what I saw. As you can see, not fully opened, but most of the way there.



To the right of the top right flower, you can see one more bud coming in too! There is one in every crowd that just has to make an entrance!


These were just nice surprises in an otherwise drab day. A girl can never see too many flowers in a day.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Nice pics!! Glad they're blooming for you. Can only imagine what the lobby smelled like.