Saturday, April 03, 2010

Yep, I'm Allergic

For real, these pictures are not pretty. Look away!

Friday night we went to a friend's house for dinner and entertainment. We usually get together every Friday night but this week we decided to stay in. We ordered pizza and hunkered down to watch a movie.

As some of you may already know, I have a deep, burning desire to get a cat or two. Maybe it's a biological clock thing, but I think about cats, dream about cats, yearn for cats of my own. Our friends have four of them! Bonus cat love time for me!!

Um, Ron and I are both allergic to cats. As if THAT should stand in the way of my happiness. After dinner, Ron and I curled up on the love seat. Suddenly, I had company as Missy Kitty came and curled up in my lap. I was totally in heaven! I petted and pampered and was falling in love with Missy Kitty. It's that deep purr they do that sounds like an engine and their whole little bodies just vibrate with it. Way too cool.

Missy Kitty stayed with me for half of the movie. Then she got up and left me! Before she left though, Sweet Pea came and sat on Ron's lap and I had one hand over there petting her while the other hand was loving on Missy Kitty. By the way, the other two cats were happy to just ignore me. I guess I can't win them all over.

Anyway, I finally figured the heck with you, if you want to sit on Ron's lap, I'm not petting you! HA! Sweet Pea knew where her bread was buttered. She moved over on to my lap and the loving commenced. Truly, I was in heaven with all of this cat love.

Then, our hosts (notice I'm not mentioning your names! Just to protect the innocent!) noticed that my eye was almost swelled shut. Yeah, I knew it was happening and I knew it was going to happen before I started petting the cats! I just didn't care!

When they saw my eye so swollen, they shooshed the cats away. Luckily the movie was almost over. My lap felt empty! They felt terrible that this happened, in spite of the fact that I said it was my own fault and I expected it to happen since I insisted on playing with the cats.

We came home, I took two Benedryl. We took a couple of pictures so you could see I really do mean I am allergic to cats! Aside from the swelling, I get like a blister on my cornea. You can see a huge bubble under the surface that took up the entire bottom half of my eye. I tried to capture it in the second picture, but it didn't really come out. You needed to be here to appreciate that one!




It doesn't matter. We had a great time last night and I don't regret a thing. The swelling is almost gone and other than being loopy from the Benedryl, I'm just fine. It was so totally worth it.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Hey HEY Hey ROCKY!! I can taken that bum. Just wait until next round.