Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Am Going On Strike

I so need better working conditions!

Today at work, something horrible happened. I have already put Michael on notice that I am THIS close to going on strike. He doesn't think I'm serious. I explained exactly what happened and once he stops laughing, he'll be sorry!

Here's my horror story today. I went to the refrigerator to get out my lunch. (A peanut butter and jelly sandwich and an orange, in case anyone needed to know.) I headed back to my desk, threw my lunch on my desk, went to grab my chair to sit down . . . .

And THERE it was!

A huge freakin' spider, hung from a line from the ceiling, right OVER my chair! Holy crap! If I had been IN my chair, that spider would have either been on my head or down my back. Just thinking about it now gives me the heebie jeebies! Holy crap! I just can't say it enough.

My first response of course was to scream. I knew the guys however were on a conference call and didn't think they'd appreciate hearing me scream at the top of my lungs. I did have to act like a professional.

Professional what though. I was a professional exterminator people!

Hey, if I was outside, he would have lived. But this was personal. He came down to MY personal space. He didn't invade my immediate area, he was trying for ME. No, that is not acceptable. It was either me or him.

I wasn't armed, so I grabbed my notebook and caught the spider on the notebook. I gently placed him on my credenza and then WHAP! I brought my calendar down HARD!

I scraped the guts off of my calendar and credenza and then got out the paper towels and cleaner.

Unfortunately, I spent the rest of my afternoon looking up at the ceiling looking for his brother/sister/cousin/neighbor.

How can a girl be expected to work under these conditions? This is almost inhumane conditions.

Damn, I hate spiders.

No comments: