Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Thumbs Up To COIT

COIT Cleaning. I really need to give them a shout out.

My house is all hard wood floors. Well, except for the stairs going to the second floor, those are carpeted. I have two area rugs, one in the dining room and one in the living room. Plus, a carpet runner in the upstairs hallway.

The area rugs I bought when we moved into this house, over six years ago. The poor things have seen six hard years of use. I love these rugs and didn't want to think about having to throw them out and go find new ones. I really needed them cleaned though.

I had heard about COIT Cleaning on a radio ad. I checked out their website and found that they will come to your house for a free estimate, and then they will take your area rugs with them to clean them. Sounded good to me.

I got the free estimate and told the guys here at home to go ahead and release the area rugs to the COIT employee. I also scheduled a cleaning for the stairway to be done. I didn't expect anything other than these three things.

The following day, a truck came to clean the stairway. While they were at it, they also did the carpet runner upstairs as well as a small rug I have just inside of the front door. Bonus!

When I came home, we had warnings all over! At the bottom of the steps, in the office, in the bathroom, in the bedrooms.


To ensure our safety, a set of fashion footwear was left for each of us. Here is our model, Ron, showing off his lovely shoe covers.


Stylin', I'm telling you! But all joking aside, I was totally thrilled with the job done by COIT. They brought the area rugs back a week later, and there was a damaged spot on the dining room rug. Some of the binding on the side had been pulled out or something. They immediately packed the rug up and took it back with them. They did not expect payment until the rug was worked on and brought back. That part impressed me!

Another week went by and my rug was again brought back. Since Phil was out of town and Ron was on a service call, I had to leave work early to let the guy in with the rug. I am glad I was here!

I inspected this rug like no one's business. I never expected that anyone could make me happy, but I was absolutely thrilled with the repair job! Thrilled! Repair job aside, the cleaning job they did was fantastic! I can't tell you how amazed I was with the rugs when they came back. Like I said, six years of hard use. I expected some of the stains to be better, but I never expected the rugs to come back looking almost brand new.

Here is the runner upstairs and the stairway. There isn't good light in the hallway or stairway, so the pictures don't do justice to their work. Forget the shadows that I couldn't light properly. These rugs are beautiful.



Wow! Pay no attention to my toes in that last photo! Oops!! I told you I'm no photographer.

This is the freebie little rug I have inside of the front door. Beautiful!


The living room came out great. There were a few spots I never thought would come out, but I can't even tell where they were! The streak going across the rug is actually the sun coming in through the leaded glass windows in the living room. I was hoping that the rainbows would come through in the picture but unfortunately, it just looks like a streak.


And the best of the bunch, the dining room. For a long time, I could tell exactly where Dad sat when he would come over. You gotta love the guy, but neatness was not one of his best traits. Every time I looked at those stains, I thought of Dad. It was all good thoughts, for sure! Well, COIT was even able to get out Dad's stains. Unbelievable!


I surely don't recommend businesses very often. You know I much prefer to bitch. (Not to worry, I have a bitch session coming up soon.) I don't think it takes a lot to satisfy me as a customer but not every business can do it and I was totally impressed with COIT. They do much more than carpet cleaning, but I have not tried any of those services. However, if you need your rugs cleaned, call them.

Their slogan is "It's not clean until it's COIT clean." Baby, I believe them. Call them. Tell them I sent you!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm impressed! We may have to call them--I want to have the carpets cleaned in the new place before we move in.

extreme said...

Very nice job, The guys are true professionals.
If you need pros in the lone star state call Extreme Cleaning And Restoration Services