Sunday, April 04, 2010

I Needed Girly-fied.

I have never claimed to be a fashionista. My only knowledge of fashion is what I see on Project Runway. (I am sooo glad Anthony is back! Do you love him or what!)

I've worked in business for most of my working career. While I've never had to wear suits to work on a daily basis, I'm used to the whole pantyhose, skirt, sweater, nice shoes thing. My job now is much more casual. I'm in jeans, sweatshirts and o . . . . m . . . . g . . . . safety shoes.



For real, not a look for any woman, even one who is not a fashionista. Of course, these white socks don't help me much either. I think I need something with these shoes though. Maybe pink shoelaces? Or maybe some stickers to pretty them up. What do you think?


I had quit carrying a purse about seven years ago. I lugged around a laptop bag for work, so I thought a purse was just redundant. I put my wallet and any necessaries in the laptop bag and I was good to go. Now, I don't need to lug that bag around any longer and it's gotten to be a pain in the ass to just carry my wallet and my keys in my hands. I finally broke down and decided I needed to go back to carrying a purse.

This was not a decision I took lightly! I hadn't bought a purse in probably TEN years! Like I said, it's been over seven years since I've carried a purse. Well, the whole safety shoes thing has made me think I need to be a little more girly-fied. Ron and I went to Kohl's recently and he bought me a purse!


I'm still not going to wear make up, but at least now I have a purse. I think it's a step in the right direction.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

At www.workingperson.com you can purchase steel toed tennis shoes!! I'm thinking they would look much nicer with your jeans and white socks!! Check out this site, and next time you need a new pair, or another pair,(I know how much you are into new SHOES!!!). Sorry, they don't come in red heels!! lol lol lol!!!