Sunday, May 02, 2010

My Newest Project

Finally completed!

Ok, this was supposed to be my friend's Christmas present. Um, did I mention that was Christmas of 2009? Well, better late than never!

This was the first time I had done some graph crocheting and I gotta tell you, I loved it!

Because I'm working from a graph, I just change colors on the fly. There is no tying off every time I change a color. I just keep a ball of yarn on the back of the afghan and keep going. The hard part is remembering to always have the "tail" on the back side of the piece! Yeah, I had a few rip outs due to not remembering THAT rule! The highest number of balls of yarn that I had attached at one time was 26. At least that's the last one I counted!

Being the first, it was definitely challenging but I gotta tell you, I absolutely loved it! I loved it so much, I am starting my next afghan made from a graph! The only thing I'll tell you is that the next one is not the same as this one. And, I'm not telling you what it is, in case one of you reading this ends up getting this one as a gift!

I have all of my yarn right here and I'm going to start turning the skeins of yarn into balls of yarn.

Hey, Christmas is coming around again!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That is really cool! I'm very impressed!

Jim said...

Well, as for being on time, you are your fathers child!