Friday, July 17, 2009

Six Years!

July 16th, 2003. Six years ago, Ron and I moved in together!! And what a ride it's been.

We decided to celebrate yesterday as much as we could. We started with one of our favorite lunch time establishments.


The picnic table on the left is where we ate! We grabbed some Subway sandwiches and enjoyed one of the best views in all of Lorain.

Here is the view from our picnic table. Ok, I guess my picture would have been a LOT better without the garbage can front and center, huh?


And here is the rest of the marina.


We even had some company join us for lunch! I shared a few of my potato chips.


It took him awhile before he would come close enough to actually grab the chips. Hey, what can I say. It's hard to get distance with a light weight chip! The first chip for him was the hardest. Once he overcame the fear of me, the goodness of the Baked Lays Potato Chip won him over. He had no problem coming close to get his prize!


It was a gorgeous day yesterday. The rest of our plans included a nice dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants, Buca di Beppo's. Our plan was to leave early, run a few errands, then go to dinner. Once again, just as we were getting ready to walk out of the door, Ron's phone rang.

Ron got a support call. That's one of those calls that he only handles over the phone since it's somewhere in the country that's not anywhere near Ohio. This one happened to be in California. So, Ron starts his support call at about 4:00 but didn't finish until quarter after six! Bummer, dude!

I didn't want to run to Buca's at that time as it would be after 7:00 by the time we got there and we were hungry. So, we put in a change of plans and decided to stay close to home and had a nice dinner at a local Chinese restaurant. There are no great Chinese places anywhere near us, but I had a hankering for Chinese so we made the best of it.

The best part of the evening was when we got home from dinner. I'm not one that can walk by garbage in our yard. I need to pick it up and throw it away. Right in front of where Ron parks his van was a plastic grocery bag.

We had already taken the garbage bins to the curb for garbage pick up, so I told Ron to go ahead inside if he wanted, I was running this garbage to the curb. But, I did ask him to please leave the door open.

Anyone who knows me knows that when we go out to eat, I never carry my phone. Also, since I don't carry a purse, unless I'm driving, I also never carry my keys! This is an important fact to note for the rest of this story.

So, Ron headed into the house while I went to the curb with the garbage. It was gorgeous outside, so I did a quick walk around and checked out the flower beds and the Rose of Sharon trees that are blooming. I couldn't have been out there five minutes. Then I headed into the house.

Guess what! I guess the honeymoon is OVER! Ron locked me out of the house! WTF?!?!?! Now, I have no phone, no keys, and there is no doorbell on the house. Remember way back when, when Ron's youngest son Vince, locked himself out of the house at night. He tried banging and banging on the door, along with throwing pebbles at our bedroom window to try to be let back in. Ha. He spent the night on the front porch!

I was hoping Ron would figure I was missing way before morning, but I was banging away on our side door for all I was worth. Aaah. He heard me.

Maybe it was a Freudian slip, maybe it was just habit to lock the door behind himself. Whatever, it made for a good laugh last night and more importantly, it made for a great blog story today!

No comments: