Thursday, July 02, 2009

The Glass Menagerie

Wednesday night, Ron and I went to the theater.

The Oberlin Summer Theater Festival is putting on two plays this summer, The Glass Menagerie being one of them. Since the price was right (free!) I got us a couple of tickets.

I decided I wanted to see this production because first, I love live theater and second, it was free! I knew nothing about The Glass Menagerie but have heard of the author, Tennessee Williams. But, it was live theater and it was free.

It was a very moving performance. Taking place in the slums of St. Louis in 1937 it was a story of a different time. A story of trying to do right by your family but always seeming to come up short. It's a story of guilt for not being able to measure up.

Support your local theater; you won't regret it.

If you're in the neighborhood of Oberlin, I'd suggest picking up a couple of free tickets. Take your own tissues though; you'll need them.

No comments: