Thursday, July 09, 2009

I Should Have Opened The Door

This is an owie. This is what happens when you don't open the oven door all the way before you try to take the sweet potatoes out of the oven! Let this picture save you from the same thing happening to you.

Ok, I took one for the team, but it was so worth it. Brother Jim came to Ohio on Tuesday for a family dinner. We had a good reason for this get together. I had bought a ham. It was on sale. Hey, I had a hankering for it. That was a good enough reason for us!

The weather on Tuesday was gorgeous, so Jim had a good day for travel. We got some good one on one time, some good porch time and of course, some good eating time.

I had the on sale ham in the crock pot, I did my new dish of pasta and brussel sprouts (yum!) and of course the sweet potatoes.

I was just trying to brown the marshmallows on top of the sweet potatoes and I didn't want to wait any longer. I opened the oven door just part way and reached in. Yes, my arm ended up hitting the inside of the oven door. I guess no dinner is complete without a little blood being shed by the cook, huh?

Owie aside, it was a great dinner, great conversation, and great company.

Thanks again, Jim, for making the trip! It's always great to see you!

No comments: