Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Have The Answer!

If anyone out there is following my beloved Cubs, you know that it has NOT been a good couple of weeks. The Cubs were in a tailspin, losing eight straight.

Then, last night it happened! They won!! Now, let's try to figure out what they did differently to give them the winning edge.

Well, first and foremost, the game was called after five innings due to rain. Hey! That MUST be the answer! Instead of allowing the opponent an entire 27 outs in a game, we should only let them have 15 outs and call it a game! I see our chances getting better and better!

C'mon, Bud Selig (commissioner of baseball), let's give the Cubs a fighting chance and have five inning baseball for awhile! It could only help us!

Update: I told you so! Today's Cub's game had the Cubs winning 2-1 at the end of the 5th inning. The Pirates came back to tie it up in the 7th on a questionable call from the umpire. My heart sank. But, the Cubs came back with a big 8th inning and ended up taking the win, 5-2! Go Cubs! Playing those extra innings didn't hurt this time, although I DO have a few more gray hairs now!

1 comment:

Mati said...

Go Cubbies! (You know how much I love saying that!)