Sunday, July 13, 2008

Me And My Big Mouth

Friday night Ron and I went to one of our favorite Friday night dinner places. Yes, Popeye's Chicken, up on the Turnpike!

Since this is a rest stop, there are actually about five places you could choose to order dinner from, and then common seating in the middle where you could sit and enjoy your food.

Ron and I picked up or chicken dinners and grabbed a table. As I love Popeye's spicy chicken, before my meal was over, I was heading back up to the counter for a soda refill. There was a gentleman just getting his food from the Popeye's counter and heading to the soda machine. I waited for him to get his soda and said hi just to be friendly. He looked at me with this huge grin on his face and told me a story.

He said he was from Indiana and he and his wife were just returning from a trip to New York. (I don't know if it was the state or the city, but I digress.) He told me that he had purchased some scratch off tickets in New York and had just scratched them off while he was waiting on his dinner. He told me he just won $1500!! He had a grin that a plastic surgeon couldn't have taken off his face, he grabbed his soda and went to find a table.

I am a very empathetic person, so I am thrilled for him! The more I think of it, the more I want to tell him to turn his butt around, he's only about 2-1/2 hours from the state of New York, he should go and turn that ticket in! So, now I grab my refilled soda and heading back to our table I see this guy sitting in the next table from ours. On my way to our table, I had to stop at his.

I apologized for interrupting his dinner with his wife and I offered my congratulations again on his good fortune. Before I could say anything else, he got a wide eyed look on his face and said "um, she doesn't know yet!" OOPS!

So, to the fellow at Popeye's Chicken at the Turnpike rest stop: Sorry for ruining your secret! I guess now you have to share it with your wife thanks to me and my big mouth!

1 comment:

Jim's Blog said...

LOL, Well, he should not have shared his secret with another woman before he told his wife. Serves him right. LOL