Thursday, January 04, 2007

Where Have You Been?

I know, I know. It's been awhile. But let me tell you, there is a story here.

First, we had a great Christmas. On my first day of vacation, we headed to Mike and Jenny's for my family's Christmas party. Hey, throw in family, kids, laughs, great food and how can you go wrong? Unfortunately Jim had to leave early for work, but other than that hitch, I think a great time was had by all.

Ron and I made it home that evening, even stopped at my office to drop stuff off on the way. I was ready for the rest of my ten days of rest and relaxation.

Well, have you ever heard the term be careful what you wish for? I am now a firm believer.

A few days after the party, it started with Ron. One heck of a case of the creeping cruds. I am about two days behind him. We spent the rest of my vacation and then some flat on our backs and not in a good way. Luckily, before I went down for the count, I made a big pot of Mom's bean soup. It was totally awesome! Had some serious gas side effects, but luckily we couldn't smell anything anyway.

The soup kept us going for a few days. After that, it was all about delivery. We have this nice book that holds all of our take out menus, separated by ethnicity of food. We had deliveries for a few days, with instructions to put the food on the porch and step away from the sick people!

Unfortunately, the Fedex guy showed up the one day and insisted on someone opening the door. Picture me, having had no shower in a few days, hair is every which way but down, in my night shirt, a quilt sort of wrapped around me, showing up at the door with a croaking "WHAT?" I'm sure he may still be having nightmares about that sight! That will teach him to wake me up from a nap.

So, our New Year's did not start out well. We did stay up until midnight and toasted each other with a shot of Theraflu. Ok, it's not tequila, but it was what we needed. The champagne will stay in the fridge until we are up to having our noses tickled.

Here we are, at January 4th and I've finally faced my first day of work in 2007. I was supposed to be down in Columbus on Tuesday. I was so sure I'd make it I even packed my bag on Monday night. It's still packed and ready to go next Monday. I've had to waste two sick days already, and I really could have used another one today. I made it in for a few hours though, and did handle some phone calls. Whoopie.

For at least another week, I'd recommend everyone staying away. Although, if anyone has soup, just leave it on the porch and back away from the door. Trust me, it's for your own good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you were both sick. Thanks for the update, it was like you had dropped off of the earth. Glad you are up and getting around now.