Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy Day To Me!

But what a way to celebrate!

First of all, yesterday was my birthday. As anybody that knows me well knows, I LOVE my birthday! Can't help it. I celebrate for all I'm worth, usually for the entire month of January. However, since I've been so sick this month, I'm behind on my celebrating.

We did start off a great weekend with lunch with Mike and Mary Jane at Hoggy's Barbeque. We were stuffed little piggies by the time we were done there. The best thing was, the manager noticed it was a celebratory lunch and even sent over a cake for four to our table to cap off a wonderful lunch. Any time there is chocolate cake involved, that's just a bonus.

Yesterday, Ron said we could go anywhere I wanted for my birthday. Well, what I wanted was a quiet dinner at home, with just the two of us. Hey, it's my birthday, I'm entitled to enjoy it any way I want to! So that is what we did.

Ron cooked my absolute favorite meal for me that was ready when I got home from work (fried cabbage and macaroni, thank you very much!) and we had a nice dinner then curled up on the couch together to watch the premier of American Idol. Hey, I still have that reality TV sickness in me. I'm telling you it was a great night!

However, there was excitement during the day around our house. Here is an article that was in our local paper.

The SWAT team is what Ron faced when he tried to go out on a service call yesterday morning. You see, all this happened two doors down from us. I told you our neighborhood was exciting. He walked out of the house yesterday morning, holding a cup of coffee and went to his van parked next to the garage. Police with guns was all he could see. Luckily he was allowed to leave without incident.

So there is my exciting birthday. I sure could have done without a strong armed robbery in my neighborhood complete with the SWAT team.

To make up for this, the birthday card I received from my brother Philip specifically told me to go out and to have a margarita for my birthday, with additional instructions that it doesn't have to be just one. I think for once I will listen to my big brother and Friday night we are going to our favorite Mexican restaurant to do just that! Phil, the first one will be for you!

No comments: