Monday, January 22, 2007

How Many Wrongs Make A Right?

Today I had a little case of one of them days.

I am back on my Chicago tour of duty. I started this audit this morning, so I'll be commuting every week for about five or six weeks. Sounds easy, right?

As before, Ron is nice enough to get up at oh-my-gosh-o'clock to get me to the airport. We left the house the first time when I realized that I left my boarding pass on the dining room table. Ron turned around and I ran back in the house to pick it up. Too bad I didn't pick up the file next to it that I also needed.

Cleveland weather wasn't the best this morning. We had rain and about 30 degree temperatures, so it was a little treacherous on the roads. From what I hear, planes don't like this either. That means that we had to go through the de-icing process before we could take off. That wouldn't be bad, except that every plane leaving had to be de-iced. So, there was a long line that delayed us in leaving for over an hour. This sounds like a bad thing, but in reality, it turned out to be a good thing! They had pushed us back from out gate into a holding area while we waited for our turn on the de-icing pad. I made use of this time to take a nice long nap on company time! This turned out to be a Philip kind of nap! I fell asleep in the holding area, slept through the de-icing, slept through take off and slept through most of the flight. I woke up when we started our descent. Yeah, I could dig that on every flight! Nothing to worry about when you sleep through it all. And, on company time. Bonus!

Only problem with this theory is that I was still half asleep when I got off of the plane. That's bad because I left my book on the plane. Grr. And, I only had about 100 pages left! Geez! Now it's to the point that it's really a page turner, and it's still in my seat back pocket along with my toll receipt from this morning and my business card (cheap book mark) and my ticket stub. Grr.

So, a few obstacles aside, it wasn't a bad day. I was able to get my boarding pass, the file I left at home isn't imperative to this week; I can bring it back with me next week. And, as for my book, I walked over to Border's after dinner and got me another copy. I tried for a sob story hoping to get a discount on the book. I mean after all, I'm not going to read the whole thing, just 100 pages or so! I thought it was a good argument, but it didn't fly. I paid full price.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some days you are the pidgeon, and other days you are the statue.

Anonymous said...

Yea, but on a Philip nap, you do not wake up until the wheels hit the ground.

Good luck with the rest of this week.
I am up in the high desert for this week and I may be going back on Wednesday.

T.T.F.N.