Friday, September 22, 2006

Happy Birthday To ME!

Sorry, Jenny! I'm not trying to rain on your parade; I know my birthday isn't until January! And, happy belated birthday by the way! I was thinking of you on the 20th, even though I was a slacker and didn't even e-mail proper birthday wishes.

Ron came back from California tonight. As is custom when he picks me up from the airport, tonight when I picked HIM up, he got to choose what he wanted for dinner. He had a hankering for Mexican food, so we settled on a restaurant close to home.

It was starting to not be one of our best dinner experiences. We were seated immediately, but we didn't see a waitress for quite awhile. We had chips and salsa, but with no drinks, we couldn't eat any of it.

There were some people but I didn't think it was too busy. But we weren't in a hurry so we did our best to be patient. Finally, the margaritas arrived and all was right with my world.

When we're almost finished with dinner, suddenly, the staff is all assembled coming through the dining room clapping and hooting and hollering. They were carrying a very large black sombrero complete with all of the sequins and glitter and all that good fluff. They placed the sombrero on a gentleman a few tables over and they all clapped and sang happy birthday in Spanish. You know I love birthdays! So we clapped and hooted and hollered along with them.

As the servers were leaving the area, the one girl stopped by our table and I said, "geez, had I known you went all out like this for birthdays, I'd have celebrated mine here! I'm definitely coming for my next birthday!"

We had a language barrier for sure. She understood "my birthday" and unfortunately, not a whole lot else! Or, fortunately. A few minutes later, the staff was once again assembled, carrying a PINK sombrero and headed straight at me! You know I eat this stuff up! They all clapped and hooted and hollered and sang happy birthday to me in Spanish and all was really good in my world.

The best part came when our waitress came to the table with a free shot of tequila for me, the birthday girl! Damn I love birthdays! Especially my own! I sure did make out today. Ron did try to capture my moment with his camera phone but unfortunately it was too dark for much to come out.

Again, happy belated birthday, Jenny! I sure did celebrate for you tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You Attention Queen you! Only spanish words you know are My birthday! LOL I know you SAY you said it in English, but as you say, you do like your birthdays! Happy Birthday!