Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bats In Our Belfry


Well, I don't exactly have a belfry in the house, instead I have an attic. So, to be truthful, I have bats in my attic. At least one bat anyway.

Ron is really good about not smoking in the living areas of the house. One of his smoking sections is the attic. Thursday night, he went upstairs to have a smoke and came back down rather quickly. I guess our freeloading visitor bat was not happy with cigarette smoke and made sure that Ron knew that.

First thing Friday morning, I called a professional who specializes in wildlife removal. Well, that's what his website said anyway. He was so professional that the voicemail I left him early Friday morning as of now has not been returned. So much for that idea.

Until I could get ahold of someone else, we decided that our third floor smoking area is closed for now. Poor Ron has either run down to the basement or outside. At night, I'm brave when I say that in the day light we need to search upstairs for the bat. Unfortunately, when day light comes, I think of every excuse there is as to why we shouldn't go upstairs!

Tonight Ron finally decided to go up and have a cigarette again. So far, so good. No bats.

Either our freeloader found his way out or else he had an unhappy ending in my attic. Now I'm going to have to think of excuses why I can't go upstairs and look for a dead body before it starts decomposing. Ugh.

Anyone wanna come over and go looking up in my attic?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, maybe the time on its time share condo ran out on thursday, and it wanted to go out and have a BASH of a party, and Ron witnessed the end of it.