Thursday, September 21, 2006

This And That

We are on vacation!

Well, I am anyway. Ron may be in California, but it is a work trip. He was called to the mother ship (aka the corporate office) for a few days. Since I had a few vacation days to use up, and we can't seem to go anywhere since he doesn't have any vacation days accrued yet, I decided to take these two days off to revel in peace and quiet at home.

Last night, I ordered my favorite pizza (Donato's thin crust pepperoni lovers), not a favorite of someone else I could name, and chowed down. Life is good! Tonight's fare will be fried cabbage and noodles. Fried cabbage is always best eaten alone, as the after effects could be quite noxious. Again, go me!

On to another subject, yesterday I stopped at Kohl's on my way home. Something about Kohl's, I love 90% of the stuff in there. I spent a long time walking up and down aisles I don't usually walk down, looking and touching and experiencing all kinds of fru fru stuff. I've never been a fru fru type person, but lately, I feel like I want to be.

If that doesn't make sense, here's what I'm talking about. I like the minimalist way. Maybe I've gone too far overboard with it though.

I have no pictures hanging on my walls. I think I want some. My problem is, what kind? What do I like? I looked at pictures at Kohl's. Didn't know which ones to buy so I didn't buy any.

On to table cloths. Some people keep table cloths on their tables all the time. I like that! I want one too! So I looked at table cloths. Couldn't decide what I wanted, so I didn't buy any. Why can't I be a fru fru kind of girl? Why is this so difficult for me? I really do think I'm challenged in this area. My DNA must be missing a few crucial strands. I need help here. Any shopping helper volunteers, please apply here. I also need window treatments, wall colors and well, just about everything else.

On to another shopping excursion I had. Well, sort of a shopping excursion. Ron dropped some ties off before he went on his trip to a local dry cleaners. This dry cleaner needs to be a blog unto themselves. And, I have a feeling they will be. Anyway, Ron's ties were supposed to be cleaned by 2:00 pm on Tuesday. Unfortunately, Ron got there to pick them up after they were closed, so I said I would take care of that errand on my vacation. I will have to post the results of that little piece of fun later today.

For now, I think I want lunch. I think it will be a bowl of cereal, eaten right over the sink! I love vacation!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOODLES AND CABBAGE made, and eaten alone? Are you crazy! Only time to do that is when you are expecting company. Noodles and Cabbage are meant to have with family! Ya waited until I had to go back to work to have it didn't ya? Dad and I would have gladly come up to share. No such thing as passed gas when with family! LOL

Unknown said...

Aww, sorry, U J! And, there is no one else I would have rather shared the gas with, my brother! I'll make you some next time you come over, I promise!