Thursday, September 21, 2006

That's Just Wrong, Page 7

As stated previously, on Monday, Ron dropped some ties off at the local dry cleaners. Big sign on a pole, about 10 feet high states: "IN BY 10, OUT BY 5".

What are the store hours? Monday through Friday, 8 am to 3pm; Saturday 8 am to 2pm.

Think about it. How the hell am I supposed to pick something up by 5 pm?????

I wanted to get a picture of that today, but the shade of the afternoon was not cooperating. I'll try to add this later.

So, as of Monday afternoon, the ties are at the dry cleaners. (Did you know it costs $4.50 PER TIE to dry clean them?!? What the heck is up with THAT? It's a little piece of material for crying out loud.) He was told they'd be ready on Tuesday after 2 pm. Since we didn't know that they closed at 3, he was not able to pick them up since he didn't get there until close to 5.

I was off today, so I said I would pick them up for him. Too late to take on his trip, but at least now some of his ties are cleaned. I showed up at the dry cleaners around 11 am. I was told they are not ready! Can you believe it?? I asked why if they were supposed to be ready on Tuesday, how could I show up almost 48 hours late and they still not be ready?

I was told "one of the gray ones had a stain so he kept it out to work on it. We don't do anything on Wednesdays so I didn't go back to it until today." Can you believe it? I did turn around to look at the door to see if they were open on Wednesdays and they are. I can't explain what the heck is meant by "we don't do anything on Wednesdays". Once again, the magic hour of 2 pm was mentioned as a time the ties would now be ready. Smart aleck me asked on which 2 pm they'd be ready.

I got wild and headed back there at 2:30 this afternoon and sure enough they were ready. Lucky for them. I was in a mood. I haven't had anyone to argue with since Ron left yesterday morning! I didn't want to have to get dressed for nothing today.

Good advertising slogan though, huh? In by 10, out by 5. Just close early every day you're good to go. That's just wrong.

No comments: