Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Who Is That Woman?

Last night at dinner, I was sitting in a booth. On my right was a partial wall about shoulder high, and on the other side of the wall, down a step, was another booth. Since we’re not at eye level with each other, the noise from the adjoining booth is really minimized. You hear them but you don’t really hear them.

I was sitting there, enjoying my dinner, minding my own business, when I saw flash bulbs. Darn paparazzi find me no matter where I go! Actually, it was the table next to me having a party. As I looked over, I saw them hand the camera to the waiter who was going to step back a few steps and take a group picture of the people at the table next to me.

Well, even though I’m a step higher, I figure at least my head and shoulders are going to be in their picture! What to do? Look away and hope they aren’t frightened when they see my mug in their shot? Oh what the heck. I love anonymity!

I heard the waiter yell “THREE, TWO, ONE!” As he hit “one”, I turned towards him, gave him my biggest cheesiest smile along with a wave and he snapped the picture! The waiter lowered the camera and gave me a shocked look. I gave him the “shh” sign and went back to my dinner.

Just wait until these people have that film developed! Too bad I can’t order my own 8x10 glossy of that one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, you're gonna get slapped down dirty bad for that one. LOL

Anonymous said...

ree, i don't always get a chance to read these, but had a second to sit down. you had me laughing out loud. you are so funny! i wish i could see them when they looked at them. or was it a digital,it may not have been too much later! jo