Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Play Well With Others

A few posts ago, I told you about following the same lady from the shuttle bus at the airport all the way to my hotel.

Yesterday morning, I went to leave the hotel on my way to work in the morning and who is sitting outside? That same lady! And, her name is Linda.

Linda and I were still laughing about all of the coincidences in the last few days. Since we were now face to face again, we decided to make it official and set a time for dinner. We decided to meet in the lobby last night at 7:00.

At 7:00, we met like we were old friends. A quick decision on a place for dinner, (Chili’s right next door) and we were off. We talked about nothing important. We talked a lot about traveling for work, a little about work, and where we’d been and who we’d been and all kinds of trivial little things.

It was an awesome way to spend an evening, so far from home. We sat and ate like old friends, and we each even enjoyed a margarita with dinner. How can you not like someone who likes margaritas? We exchanged numbers and e-mails and I even got an invite to go visit her in Las Vegas! Hey, if you have to have friends out of town, Las Vegas is a great place to have a friend!

I wonder how soon I can schedule my next vacation!

No comments: