Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'm Home!

Aaah. Finally home.

As you can tell by the lack of blogging, it's been a quiet week. The final week of an audit tends to be a busy week. I don't care how far ahead I think I am, things invariably come up at the last minute and it's all of these little fires that have to be put out before I leave the site. So it's been a week of long hours and staying out of trouble. Honest! I behaved this week!

The best part is Friday night coming home.

Ron picked me up at the airport and we headed for dinner. I chose Longhorn Steakhouse just because I had a hankering for one of those fabulous raspberry margaritas they have. What I found out was that the Longhorn Steakhouse in Elyria Ohio is nothing like the Longhorn Steakhouse in Topeka Kansas. Who'd have thought that a chain restaurant would have different menus at different locations?

In Topeka at the Longhorn, I fell in love with not only the raspberry margaritas, but they have a new dish of grilled Tilapia with a cajun sauce that was absolutely to die for. I've been anxious for Ron to try it so I had every intention of ordering it last night. Guess what? The waitress didn't have a clue what I was talking about. No Tilapia for me. I was not happy.

The food was ok, but once you have your tastebuds ready to wrap around one taste, you substitute another taste in there and your tastebuds won't be 100% happy about it. Oh well.

After dinner, we came home for a nice quiet evening. I went through all the mail (mostly bills, thank you very much) then upstairs to watch tv and play Pogo.

I've blogged before about my love of my DVR. While at home, I don't watch much TV in real time. It's so awesome to tape it and then watch it later if for nothing else than to fast forward through the commercials. After traveling for so long, I almost forgot how wonderful the buttons on my remote control really are! There is the "fast forward" of course. Then there is the "hold that a minute, I have to pee" button. That's always been my favorite. And the "back that up I didn't hear what he said" button. How do people live without this most important buttons??

Man, it's good to be home.

No comments: