Thursday, July 13, 2006

Random Musings

I have nothing to blog about today so I’m just going to write about a couple of quick thoughts.

  • Last night I went to Ruby Tuesday’s for dinner. I think their food is substandard, but I do enjoy their salad bar. Hey, I’m a sucker for some raisins in my salad.

    I was at the salad bar behind this very elderly gentleman. I swear, he was 90 if he was a day. We ended up having a good old time filling up our plates together. This guy is like me in 50 years. He had an opinion about everything, from what was offered on the salad bar to what I was putting on my plate to the hostess walking behind us. I was having a ball with this guy.

    We get to the peas. He put a nice pile on his plate and then couldn’t believe it when I decided to pass on these little morsels. As most of you know, I’d rather eat worms than peas. But I didn’t want to tell him that! He said his favorite way to eat peas was to have them covered with honey and he asked if I ever had them that way. While I never have eaten peas with honey on them, I couldn’t stop my mind from racing on to how anyone would have discovered this combination and trying to decide in my head if this was a good idea or not. Then, the gentleman looked at me, and with a twinkle in his eye, said “yeah, the honey keeps them from slipping off of the knife when you eat them”. Ok, maybe you had to be there, but this guy absolutely made my night! We couldn’t stop from giggling at the salad bar.

  • Last night was not a good night for sleeping. I went to bed around 10 or 10:30, and fell asleep pretty quickly. My phone rang at 12:14 a.m. with a wrong number. C’mon people. If you feel the need to dial at that time of night, at least dial correctly! By the time I slowed my heartbeat down from being frightened awake, a storm had rolled in. Thunder, lightening, the whole works. I wish I would have slept through that.
  • I heard a bit of trivia on the radio this morning while driving to work. Campbell’s soup uses 44 billion stars a year in their chicken and stars soup every year. Yes, that’s 44 billion with a “B”. That’s a lotta stars!

  • This has been driving me crazy for a week. Most of these things we probably see daily or at least weekly, but I can’t figure out but a few of them. http://www.2jdhosting.com/ge/logogame/index.php Type your answers in the blocks, hit “check” at the bottom, and you can tell which ones are correct. I don't even know half of them!

Ok, that's enough goofing off. I better get back to work. It's almost lunch time.

No comments: