Monday, July 24, 2006

Gone To The Dogs

I’m telling you, I need to get over this fear of dogs. I can’t seem to get away from them.

Last Thursday night, I walked out of my hotel room to go down the hall for some ice. What do I encounter? Yes, a dog. In a hotel that has a specific no pet policy. And there is a dog in the hallway. As soon as it sees me, it’s lunging at me and baring its teeth. The owner has the audacity to tell me it’s ok, just c’mon through. Yeah, right.

People! I know you love your dogs! That’s fine by me. Just please understand that not everyone loves your dogs, me included! I don’t want a dog baring its teeth at me in a hallway! And, when a hotel has a specific NO PET policy, you shouldn’t think that applies to everyone with pets but you! Grrr.

Ok, so I thought I got over that one. Then today, what does the lady sitting across the plane from me have? Yes, a dog. At least this one was just a little ankle biter that she kept in the carrying case most of the trip. Part of the trip the dang thing was on the pull down tray in front of her. Ugh.

You know how this is going to end up? You’re going to see me in like forty years, being that crazy old lady that lives at the end of her block with 12 dogs, 20 cats, and puts her gold fish bowl in a red rider wagon to take him for a walk every day. That will serve me right for not liking all these dogs I am running into now!

No comments: