Sunday, May 28, 2006

Some Days Are Like That

Today was really a good day. And it came about unexpectedly.

It started with an emergency phone call from brother Michael. It went something like this:

Mike: Help me! I really need your help! Mary Jane wants me to work around the house today and I don't want to! HELP! Wanna goof off and go to the West Side Market?

Me: Brother, I have your back. We'll be there in an hour.

Yes, this is sibling love at its best. What other sister would give up her own Saturday of goofing off to go help her brother out in his time of need? There was shopping to be done and by golly, I was the sister to help him do it.

So there you go. We dressed, and we were out the door.

We walked all through the West Side Market in Cleveland. If you've never been there, you should try it once. There are a zillion people there, but the atmosphere and the food can not be described. We spent way more money than we intended, but I believe we spent wisely.

After shopping, we headed to Mike and Mary Jane's to taste some of our bounty. We ate and ate and ate, and then Mike started the grill and we ate some more. We had cherries, grapes, raspberries, then grilled zucchini, peppers, onions and mushrooms and then to top it off traditional hot dogs and corn on the cob.

It truly was a great day filled with great food and more importantly, great family.

No comments: