Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's Been A Long Road

Anyone know what today is?

Four years ago today, I stepped foot into Ohio as a new resident. Four years ago, brother Michael brought me bag and baggage back to the north. We had to cross the Mississippi River three times to get here from Texas, but by golly, we got here. (Hey, I was navigating. I keep telling you I'm directionally challenged.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to take stock of myself and see what has happened to me in the last four years. Here's the good, the bad and the ugly, in no particular order.

In four years, I have:

  • Moved three times
  • Bought my first house
  • Had two surgeries
  • Got lost numerous times
  • Got found numerous times
  • Learned I'm stronger than I give myself credit for
  • Found a job, lost a job, found another job
  • Traveled for work, something I swore I'd never do. I've been to Atlanta, Topeka, Chicago, Harrisburg, Columbus to name a few
  • Found Ron (Dang lucky find, I might add!)
  • Got to be here for the new additions to our family, my two great-nephews, plus here to hear that two more are on the way! (However, I still say that one of them is having a girl this time!)
  • Bought a new car
  • Heard and dealt with things that go bump in my night
  • Got a new bad habit called Club Pogo
  • Got another new bad habit called my DVR
  • Learned how to mow the grass and how to plow the driveway
  • Searched for inner peace
  • Searched for my faith
  • Found great new friends
  • Held on to old and dear friends

Four years. So much has changed in four years. I really don't think I am the same person I was four years ago. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I know I've grown. I think I've matured. I am definitely wiser about a lot of things than I was when I got here.

So, my friends, what now. Who knows? Will there be another house? Another move? Another car? Another job? I guess we'll have to go through it one day at a time. Keep checking back here for updates. I have a feeling that the next four years will be exciting!

No comments: