Friday, December 23, 2005

The Good Got Better

Someone once told me that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything. So, I've been quiet over here. It's not an easy time for a lot of people, me included. 'Nuff said.

On to a brighter note - Ron took me out to dinner tonight. It is Friday after all! You can almost bet that on Friday at least we go out to dinner. I like that - nice way to finish off the work week.

Tonight's first choice, Taqueria Mexico, was closed already for the Holiday. They don't reopen now until Tuesday. Go figure! Our second choice was a Chinese Restaurant that we really like. It's a sit down restaurant instead of a buffet and one of the things we like the most about it is that you can always get a seat. It's not that they are not busy, I just think over half of their business is take out for some reason.

They have a soup on the appetizer list that has been highly recommended to us, so tonight we thought we'd try it. It was something like shredded chicken and corn soup and it was soup for two. That's all the description there was for the soup. We got a nice little tureen and two bowls. As soon as Ron looked at it, he said it looks like there is egg drop in there. As most of you know, eating eggs makes me extremely ill. We called the waitress back over to verify. She checked with the cook and unfortunately, the answer was not what I wanted to hear. It did indeed have some egg in it. Ron told her I was allergic to eggs and how sick they made me. That was good for Ron though, because he said the soup was excellent and he ended up polishing off almost the whole thing!

For dinner I had ordered Pork Fried Rice. I know that has egg in it, but it's usually not a lot, and I sit and pick it out. I love fried rice, but I don't order it often because it is a pain in the butt to keep picking out pieces. But once in awhile, I'm willing to do just that. When the waitress heard I was allergic to egg, she went back and told the cook about it. Come to find out, my rice was almost done by now, and the cook started it all over again, this time without eggs!

Ok, call me silly, but in all my years, I never thought to ask for it without eggs. Duh! Our waitress thought I'd appreciate not having to pick all that out and boy was she right! My dinner was awesome!

And of course, Ron left a very nice tip. The service we received tonight absolutely made a good meal great.

No comments: