Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Visitor

I came home last night to a visitor!

This window is over my sink in the kitchen, and looks out onto my driveway. I had to walk right next to this little lady to get to my door, which is under the awning there on the right. I came into the house and walked right to the sink to put my coffee mug down. HELLO! See what is looking at me at my sink?

I did the best I could at taking a picture of our visitor. She is a good four inches long for crying out loud! I really don't know if I've ever seen one of these in person before. We spent quite a bit of time yesterday, just looking at each other. She didn't seem fazed by me in the least. As a matter of fact, she kept her hands nice and folded. I'm just hoping she was saying her prayers for me.

Ron came home and he knew about the praying mantis, as he had seen her around since the night before. He wanted to know if he needed to take lethal measures towards our visitor. But, once again, I took the high road. I say as long as she was willing to stay on the outside of my screen, I was good with her staying there. Heaven help her if she ever tries to get in though!

She must have gotten a better offer though. I haven't seen hide nor hair nor wing nor leg of her all day today.

No comments: