Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Busy Weekend

I know it was a three day weekend, but I swear this one went by so much faster than usual.

Saturday was spent playing with Ron's family. The plan was to head to Little Italy for lunch. From what we were told, parking is at such a premium, so we all decided to meet up at Susan and Georgia's and all go on one vehicle.

The first part of my story starts here. Those of you that know me, know how I am with dogs. I swear, they have the largest Doberman I've ever seen. Georgia came outside to meet me and handed me a dog treat to get me in the door. Believe it or not, I actually gave the dog treat to the dog and walked away with all ten fingers. Go me! I walked into the house, even sat down and believe it or not, petted the dog too.

Then we headed out to Mama Santa's for lunch. http://www.pluggedincleveland.com/restaurants/1148+mama+santas.html
They say that some of the best pizza in Cleveland comes from this restaurant. Well, I haven't tried all the pizza in Cleveland, so I really can't say if it was the best. But it was definitely good! And the prices I thought were very reasonable. Out of four stars, I'd give it a strong three. If you go, don't order the soda. Very flat and tasteless. I'd suggest a beer.

From Mama Santa's we took a nice leisurely walk through Little Italy. A lot of cool little shops, a fantastic bakery, just a lot of really neat things to see and do. Plus a little walking off of lunch was a welcome idea as well. Pizza is one of my favorite food groups after all.

We were on our way back to Susan and Georgia's when we drove by Lake View Cemetery. I've never been one that is overly curious about cemetery's, but this one came highly recommended. So, I figured, what the heck. It was brother Wes' gas we were using, so I was all for driving through!

I must tell you, this has to be the most beautiful cemetery I have ever seen in my life. There was such a sense of peace over the place, I can't even describe it. I recommend checking out this link to points of interest at the cemetery http://www.lakeviewcemetery.com/interest.html . While you're there, follow the link to the cemetery's famous inhabitants. There was just so many things to look at that I told Ron I want to take my camera and go back again and take my time going through it. Anyone coming to the area, it's worth a drive over there. Awesome.

Sunday was spent almost totally vegging. It was a day filled with playing Pogo and watching Judge shows. Yes, life can't get much better. The evening was spent making a big pot of Mom's chicken soup with homemade halushki. Yes, I know how to suck up to my father!

Monday was the day with my family. Dad and Jim came in and Mike and Mary Jane came over. Thanks to Mike and Mary Jane for providing seating for my party as well as the soup bowls! Perhaps I should rethink my position next time I want to throw a soiree. Perhaps I should make sure I had the necessary items (such as the seating and soup bowls!) before inviting the family!

Dad loved the soup! That was such a success. The rest of us chowed on hotdogs (thanks for cooking, honey!), macaroni salad and baked beans. Hey, it was a picnic after all. We all gathered in the driveway and only had to move our seats a couple of times to follow the shade around. Even our neighbor Stacey joined in the fun. That's one way not to have the cops called to your party! Make sure the neighbors are invited.

It was a great day. Dad and I even snuck to the front of the house together for a great heart to heart chat. It's been a long time since we've done that. I was feeling all warm and fuzzy when he threw me a curve ball. He asked me if Ron and I were planning on starting a family anytime soon! Just when you think Dad doesn't know what's going on, he throws a zinger like that out at me! I told Dad not to get his hopes up too high. After all, I'm 42 years old and I think my eggs are dead. Instead of the love and support I expected to get from my loving father, I hear . . . "Wow....you're really 42??? I didn't think you were THAT old. Never mind then."

A great weekend, but OUCH at the end! Good thing Dad is cute! I still gotta love him!

No comments: