Monday, September 19, 2005

In Memoriam


Barbara
12/31/47 - 09/19/01

Barbara was my sister.

Her passing has definitely been a defining moment in my life. Her passing is the reason I quit my job, packed up my life, and moved back north. Unfortunately, it was too little too late.

She's gone. I still haven't come to terms with that fact. I have a hard time talking about Barb, I have a hard time even thinking about her. There is so much left unsaid.

So much of what I know, came from Barb. So much of who I am, came from her. I don't think I ever thanked her for that either. I do what I do for a living, and I do it well, because of her. My business background, my work ethic, learned from her. I never thanked her for that.

Since I can't pick up the phone to tell her what I really want to tell her, I will write it here.

Barb,

Thank you for making sure I didn't make the same mistakes you did.
Thank you for teaching me all I know.
Thank you for always listening to me when I needed to talk.
Thank you for believing in me when I felt no one else did.
Thank you for spending time with me.
Thank you for having my back.
Thank you for supporting me in all my dumb ideas.
Thank you for never judging me.
Thank you for loving me.
I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me to be.

I am so angry with you for dying when you did. It wasn't your time. In spite of my anger, I miss you so much.

I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a reminder for all to make sure that you never let one moment in life go unappreciated. Whether it is something someone said, did, or even didn't do, you should respond with a positive response. When I had my a-fib episode this April, it made me realize just how fast you can be gone from this place we call home. How much we should really appreciate those we are closest too, Jeff, my boys and my friends. My relatives, other than my husband, sons, daughter-in-law and soon-to-be daughter-in-law and my Father are not considered relatives, but my very best of friends in this world. I never forget to tell them how much I love them, and will now tell them more about the things they do and have done for me that make me appreciate what and who they are to me. Thanks Ree....I Love You.

Anonymous said...

Hear Hear, I very touching tribute. Very well stated. Big HUGS sis!