Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Host With the Most

I gotta give my guy some props.

We had planned to have a friend of mine from work over for dinner on Friday night. She was going to follow me home from work Friday for a quiet home cooked dinner and a nice evening of conversation.

We didn't leave work as early as we'd hoped, because before we knew it, it was almost six o'clock! Who the heck works until six on a Friday? As soon as we left work, I called Ron to let him know we were running late and would be home shortly to start dinner. Ron said he got home a little early from work on Friday, so he'd be happy to start dinner for us! Hello?? Is that awesome or what!!

It's about a forty minute drive from my office to the house. By the time we got here, Ron had it ALL under control. The table was set beautifully. The salad was made, the dressings were on the table. The pasta was ready and the veal just had to go into the oven long enough to melt the cheese. We had an awesome dinner of veal parmigiana. When I tell you he's a great cook, I'm not kidding! We all ate way too much, but we weren't complaining.

I didn't mean to put all that work on you honey, so thank you so much for taking the ball and running with it. What a fantastic job you did from beginning to end. I just want you to know how much I appreciated all you did. Thank you, honey!

No comments: