Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Noisy

Have you ever stopped to listen to the noise all around you? It's never really quiet. They say that absolute silence is deafening. I'd like to try that sometime.

While at work today, I realized just how many sounds are around me. I hear the air conditioning whirring. There is a maintenance room right next to me and something in there is humming. The noise of the traffic outside of my window. My laptop makes a noise when it's working hard. You can actually hear people walking up and down the hallways, even on carpet. The tap tap tapping of fingers on keyboards. Phones ringing. Bits of conversations. Noise everywhere.

The only reason I am so aware of all the noise today is that I woke up with a headache. I've had it all day. It's still there. Maybe if I go to bed early, today will end faster thus getting rid of my headache.

I'm turning out the lights...will y'all hold the noise level down please?

No comments: