Wednesday, November 28, 2012

New Birthday Tradition

It's no secret that birthdays are my favorite holiday.  I especially like my birthday, but I will celebrate anyone's birthday!  I love birthdays!

My friend Edna came home for Thanksgiving from San Diego.  It was also her Dad's birthday last Sunday.  Since his is MY adopted father, there were two great reasons to visit them over the holiday weekend!  With everyone's schedule, it worked out that we were going to be getting together for breakfast on Sunday morning.  I was going to bring donuts, they were going to make the coffee.  That sounds like a party to me!

I don't like going over there empty handed.  We usually take a bottle of something over to Nick and it's usually a bottle of wine.  I thought that 10:00 am was too early for wine so we tried to think of a Plan B.  Too bad I didn't think of Mimosas since we have two bottles of champagne in the refrigerator at home!  No, that would have been too easy.  So, Saturday night while Ron and I were at the liquor store looking around, I saw a bottle of Rock & Rye.

Rock & Rye is a rye whiskey with rock candy and fruit in the bottle.  It is a sweet whiskey and will definitely warm you up from the inside out.  It's a great thing to sip on in the winter time, especially when you are sick.  Like I said, it warms you from the inside out.  Ron had never heard of this delicious drink before he met me, so I figured that Nick had never heard of it either.  That means that of course we picked up a bottle!

This is the brand I prefer but I can't find it in Ohio.  Here we buy the brand name Paramount.  It's ok, but I prefer Jacquin's.  Whatever, they are both tasty!  You can see in the neck of the bottle a wedge of orange in there.  Mmm mmm good!

Anyway, we started our new birthday tradition.  Whiskey and donuts for breakfast!!!  DAMN that's a good tradition!!  I had to sit and drink a few cups of coffee afterwards before I could go home but it was worth it!

Whiskey and donuts, for breakfast.  My birthday is coming up so c'mon over.  And don't forget the Rock & Rye and the donuts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never ever heard of a whiskwy like that. Sounds really yummy, fruity, sweet. Today we have to do our weekly grocery shopping. I think I have to look if there is anything like this also in Germany. I'm very curious and if we have it also in Germany I think it could be nice for New Years Eve or Christmas evenings.
Hugs, my dear friend!

Ron said...

I thought there would be many more comments on this one! I love this new tradition! Can't wait for my birthday!!!

Unknown said...

My birthday comes first!!!! ;-)