Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's A Tough Day Already, With Update # 2

Ugh, today is the day.  Ava goes in for her spaying and front declawing.  And I am a mess!

I am not emotionally stable to begin with and knowing it is MY decision to cause this beautiful little girl any pain is not an easy thing.

I had to take Ava's food away last night at midnight for her surgery today.  I can't take food from one without taking from the others, so all of the food bowls got taken up last night.  That part was ok as Ava and Benny were just finishing eating at midnight so they were good.

Penelope on the other hand is NOT happy right now.  If I am still in bed, any time after 4:30 in the morning, she will climb up on me and start meowing to tell me it's time for breakfast.  She keeps it up until I go downstairs and get them their spoon of wet food.  Yes, they have me trained well.

Penelope has been meowing for the last three hours.  Now Benny has joined her in letting me know that they are not happy that there are no food bowls around the house.  Do you know who's not pestering me?  Ava!  That poor little girl hasn't been in the house long and I think she's still used to the thought of no food being available.  She's like meh, maybe later I will get some.  The other two spoiled cats on the other hand are NOT happy.

Which means I'm not happy.

And Ava is going for surgery.  And I'm a wreck.  And Penelope and Benny are not happy.  It's not a good day in my house.

I have stocked up on tissues.

It's going to be a tough couple of days until Ava comes home on Saturday.  Hopefully she will forgive me for all of this.

Update # 1:  As of 3:30 this afternoon, Ava is resting, still groggy from the anesthesia.  Ava's kitty mama, not so good!  For real, they need to sedate the kitty mamas too when they work on their babies!

I was concerned when I took Ava in this morning that in my opinion, she drinks a LOT of water.  Or more than Benny and Penelope do.  I brought this up to the doctor and asked her to check Ava's sugar levels.  Dr. Hudson said she would check the sugar levels and the kidney functions.  She would call me only if anything was amiss.  While Dr. Hudson didn't call, I wish I would have thought to ask about it when I called.  I will make a note to ask that when I call on her tomorrow.  

It's going to be a loooong night!  I miss my new girl! 

Update # 2:  I've called to check on Ava a few times.  All they tell me is that she's doing "ok".  I'm beginning to not like those words!  Still no word on how her blood work came out, they can't tell me if she's eating yet.  Grrr.  I think that my baby and her kitty mama are going to do MUCH better on Saturday morning when I can bring Ava home.  Where she belongs!

I miss my girl.    

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I wish I could have taken you in my arms, hugging and comforting you, my dear friend. I was so behind with bloging and reading with all the stress around emptying my house.
I'm a bad friend and I am really sorry, Ree. Big hugs, hugs, hugs!