Sunday, November 18, 2012

I'm Home!


Hi, everyone!  It's me, Ava!

Remember the last time I wrote, I told you that my new kitty mama had me someplace called "The Vet".  Man, I knew I wasn't going to like that place!

It started last Thursday.  My kitty mama again brought up that carrier from the basement.  I knew I was in trouble because the last time I saw that thing, "The Vet" came at me with needles!  There is NO way I wanted any part of that!  I fought my hardest trying to stay out of that carrier, and even bloodied my kitty mama pretty good.  I also got a little shot in at Uncle Phil!  That will teach him to help my kitty mama put me in that thing.

We took a little ride in the car last Thursday.  You should have seen my kitty mama!  All the time we were in the car, all this water was coming out of her eyes!  Wow!  I kept trying to meow to tell her I wouldn't be mad at her if she just turned the car around and took us back home.  But, her eyes kept gushing water and she drove us right to that bad place, The Vet.  Dr. Hudson gave me a quick once over and whooshed me away from my kitty mama before she totally fell apart.  Now I was all alone in a really scary place.

But, everyone was very nice to me and took very good care of me.  This time they gave me some happy medicine in one of those needles they gave me!  I was asleep before I knew it.  When I woke up, my front paws hurt and my belly hurt.  When I looked at my paws, I don't know what happened!  I tried to get a look at my manicure, but I couldn't find my front claws!  I think someone stole them while I was sleeping!  What kind of place is this?  Ridiculous!

My belly was another story.  You're not going to believe this, but they shaved my belly!  This is NOT a good look for any girl my age!  I'm sure my kitty mama knew nothing about this, because she never would have let them shave me like this!  My kitty mama knows I have such beautiful hair!  Oh my, I hope this grows back!

Now on my belly where they shaved me, I have four knots.  I do NOT like those knots!  I have been working on them and now I'm down to three knots!  Knots are not in this year, they are NOT a fashion statement and they need to go.  I'll keep working on them and hopefully will have them out before my kitty mama takes me back to "The Vet" in 10 days.

I had to stay away from home for a few days and I did NOT like that.  I am really starting to grow attached to my kitty mama and I missed her terribly.  I just wanted to go home.   They put some food in my cage with me, but they don't feed me like my kitty mama does.  No kisses to my head, no scratch behind the ears.  I just wanted to go home.

Finally, I heard my kitty mama!  My new friend, Jennifer, showed mama my belly and my paws and explained a few things to her about my care.  Trust me, mama, I'm fine!  Let's just GO HOME!!  I didn't even mind getting in the carrier this time!  Mama had even put one of her shirts in there so it smelled just like her!  I liked that!  I curled up on her shirt and was a happy little girl.   I saw her eyes were still running water but not like they were the other day.  Finally, we were back in the car and on our way home.

Mama took me inside and opened the door to the carrier.  I about had to knock that Benny down to get to my food bowl!  There it was!  Right where I left it!!  And it was full of food!!  My favorite kind!  The kind in MY bowl!  I was SOOO happy!  I ate almost the whole bowl of food and checked out two of the water bowls!  I do love my water!  Then, I had to argue with Benny a little bit.  He said I smelled funny and he was not liking me again.  I tried to remind him that it's ME and I was his friend.  It took a little while but eventually he quit growling at me.

I went and checked out all of my favorite places in the house and they were all still there!  I climbed the cat tree where mama took the above picture, I checked out everything I could.  I have a few issues with jumping on those front paws yet but it's getting better.  I climbed up on Benny's favorite dining room chair and he jumped up on another one.  We took a little nap together and that was nice!


I feel much better since I'm back home.  Mama's eyes quit gushing water.  I think it helped that all day yesterday, I stayed as close to her as I possibly could.  I figured out how to climb on her on the couch and I was golden!  She sat down, I sat on her. She laid on the couch, I curled up under the covers with her.  I wasn't letting her out of my sight! 

We had a long talk last night.  She promised me that all of the bad days are behind us now.  Now my job is to heal, to grow and to be happy.  I think I can do that!

Stay tuned!  Once I'm back to 100%, I'm sure there will be more stories!  As for now, I'm just happy to be home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All turned out well and Ava looks good again, healthy. I know how hard this time was, I think above all for you, my dear friend. Once adopted they are our little kids, aren't they? Enjoy the time cuddling with Ava. Hugs!

Jim's Blog said...

Hmm, did the claw fairy come and leave some catnip under my covers?