Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rescue Me

Yes, I needed rescued.

And that sucks.

When the light comes on in my car that tells me I'm low on gas, it kinda lies.  When that light comes on, I still have 120 miles or so to go before I'm REALLY out of gas.  I think the older my car gets, the more I'm leaning towards the "or so" part rather than the 120 miles part.

My light came on Friday evening.   From my calculations tonight, I should have been only at about 90 miles since the light came on.  I was trying to make it to Thursday so I could gas up at Giant Eagle while I was shopping and use my $1.70 off a gallon of gas from fuel perks!

I thought I was at 90 miles out of 120 or so that I had.

Um....

I was wrong!

I wanted to go to Walmart after work today.  I usually go to the Walmart on Leavitt Road in Lighthouse Village.  I don't know WHAT came over me but I decided to head across Route 20 and hit the Walmart on Route 57 in Elyria.  I can count on one HAND how many times I've been to the Walmart on Route 57.

I pulled in to Walmart, did my shopping and got back in my car.  I started my car, pulled forward out of my parking spot, made it about 50 feet and my car died!  I had enough momentum to glide back into an empty spot and shut the car down.  What do I do?  Ron is in the middle of Lake Erie over by Cedar Point fishing for Walleye.  I figure he's not coming to get me.

So, I called my brother Michael.  I figured Michael probably missed me by now! The poor guy tried to take a day off of work to get AWAY from me!  So, I called Michael and said HELP!  Michael said he was on his way.

So, thank you my brother for rescuing me.  I know, it's not the first time you had to do it, but at least this time you didn't have to go all the way to Texas to rescue me!  This time I was only a few miles from your house!  Not once did I hear one joke or bad remark about being a bone head and running out of gas!  Thanks, brother.  I appreciate that.

So, here is what it looks like being rescued by your brother Michael.  Um, pay no attention to him flipping me the bird!


Thanks Mike.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to have nice brothers! So you were never lost. I think they would rescue you also from a place much more far away than Walmart! By the way I also was out of gas for two times. The first time my father and I were to Cologne where there was an exhibition about the ancient Egypts. Very interesting with the golden mask of Tut Anch Amun. But that's not the story. On our way back our car died exactely at the middle of the mighty bridge over the Rhine and we caused a really big traffic jam. I pushed the car with my father in it over the bridge and on the other side there was a gas station. Phew! The second time I was out of gas was when my daughter was a baby and my car died somewhere in Nowhere Land, where there was only forest, forest, forest,... Alone with a bay, no gas, that was really bad! I called a taxi. The brought me some gas like your dear brother. Since then I am very cautious with this lamp that shows me that I should find a gas station now. Thank goodness you wre rescued!!!!

Ruth said...

Hmmm, I think he was flying 2 birds at you!! That's what brothers do anyway. They won't bitch about having their sisters call for help or bitch about the picture taking. They only send sign language via the bird. He must have sent you a bird for each instance. That is his way of letting you know he loves you maybe!! Glad he was there to rescue you!