Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hi, I'm Ava


Hi.  I'm Ava.  I was FINALLY adopted by my new kitty mama!  My new kitty mama was telling me that she liked to blog, so I took over her computer for a bit to introduce myself.

A few months ago, I heard through the SCN (Stray Cat Network) that there was this house where the crazy cat lady fed any and all strays that came along.  That sounded like just what I needed!  I signed up for a spot at one of the food bowls and I moved to the neighborhood.  Unfortunately, being one of the kittens in the group, I had to fight a little harder for any food.  You have to be fast some days to get a few bites.  The bigger kitties (like Hemingway) would swat me aside so some days if my new kitty mama wasn't watching out for me, I wouldn't get anything to eat.  Some days, my new kitty mama would stand there over me and keep the bigger kitties away from me long enough for me to get something to eat.  I knew if I worked on her hard enough and gave her my cutest looks and my loudest purrs she'd fall in love with me.  It took me awhile but it finally worked!  Last night when the big storm rolled in, I just sat there, trembling and crying, giving her my sad kitty eyes.  I knew I had her!  They opened the door and carried me right in where it's warm and dry and there are many food bowls! It was a great night last night!  But today was another story.

That's me up above.  I know I look a little ticked off but that's because my new kitty mama took me to what she called "The Vet".  Trust me, that is not someplace I want to go again. 

They gave me a good once over head to tail.  Then they put me on a scale.  For REAL, what girl wants to be put on a SCALE with people looking?  I won't tell you that I weigh 5 lbs and 2 oz because ladies don't tell that kind of information.  "The Vet" said he thought I was born this past spring which would put me at 7 or 8 months old.  Hey, only I know that information and I am not telling!  A girl has to have some secrets!

I am pretty healthy aside from those few fleas I have hanging on to me.  I don't have feline leukemia nor do I have feline AIDS.  I could have told you that but it took all these big scary people to stick one needle in me to take some blood and another needle in me to give me my shots.  To add insult to injury, they even trimmed all of my claws.  That is not what I expected when they said I was getting a manicure.  I was thinking more of maybe some French tips or some color.  I guess my kitty mama is tired of bleeding already and of me scratching her woodwork.  Dang, see why I looked ticked off?  It wasn't my best day.

So, now I'm inside with my new kitty mama and what she calls my "two siblings".  The little boy they call Benny is kind of cute.  He hisses at me a little and tries to give me his mean look, but after putting up with Hemingway, he's nothing!  If he hisses, I just brush up against him and give him my best purr.  He caves and quits hissing!  I know we're going to be best friends before long.

The other little girl, named Penelope, may be another story.  I get the feeling that she doesn't like me too much.  She hisses at me too but when I try to rub up against her, she just moves away from me still hissing.  I'm going to try to keep working on her but we'll see.

Before we left "The Vet" today, my kitty mama and "The Vet" talked about something called a spaying and a declawing.  I don't know what all that means but I have a feeling that in the middle of November, I'm not going to like it!

Now, I can't have my kitty mama thinking she can just have people be mean to me.  I liked all the love and attention I was getting last night with NO needles in me.  I need to teach my kitty mama a lesson.  As I give her back her computer, I'm going to sit close to her so she can pet me, but I'm gonna turn my back on her.  She needs to learn that while Penelope is the Queen of this house, I am the Princess!


I think once I get my kitty mama trained a little more, I'm going to be very happy here!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, this is the cutest story I ever read about cats. Ava is lucky that she could get your attention and care. She's a cutie! And I think you are as happy as she is that she is your pet now, that you are her kitty mama. I know you are the best kitty mama ever!

Unknown said...

:) I try!

I do love her. She is such a sweet kitty that just is thrilled with any attention and love. She's going to be a great addition to my family!

Aunt Cathie said...

Ava, we all love you already!!! Welcome to the family!!!

Ruth said...

That is one smart Ava Kitty, Ree....you better train her that she is only allowed on the computer while you are at work or she will be taking over all your blogs, your pogo games and your email addresses!!! So glad you have added to the family too. You keep it up and you will have the whole neighborhood of kitties in your house that they will start calling it "THE CAT HOUSE OF LORAIN!" You are just the greatest now aren't you?