Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bone Head Move of the Week

Some times I can be a real bone head. 

When I bought groceries last week, I bought a package of sliced turkey.  I pulled it out of the refrigerator over the weekend to make myself a sandwich for lunch.  So far, so good, right?

Yesterday, only Ron and I were home for dinner and I was too lazy to cook.  We were going to call out for sandwiches so I went to the top of my refrigerator to grab the coupons I have up there.  Guess what was there on top of the coupons?  MY CONTAINER OF TURKEY!

What the heck.

I'm not going to say I've never done bone head things before.  I will readily admit that I have put my TV remote control IN the refrigerator before.  Whatever, at least I found it eventually!  But the lunch meat on TOP of the fridge?  C'mon now.

The remote control I can see happening.  You walk away from the TV with the remote in your hand, put the remote down on the shelf and pick up a cold soda from the same shelf and shut the door.  That's how a remote ends up inside of a refrigerator.  How in the heck do I leave the lunch meat on TOP of the fridge. I swear I have no recollection of putting it up there nor can I think of why I would have done that.

What makes me even more angry is the fact that I just wasted that whole container of meat.  There was no way that turkey was any good after sitting out for three days.  I hate being wasteful.

I also hate being such a bone head.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I don't even see the problem here. Are you aware that both Ron and I have won awards for being boneheads? Yes, really! Ask him.

Oh yes, and we take pride in it! LOL

Unknown said...

So, I am in GOOD company!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

Could have been me with the meat ON the fridge. Another pal for being a bone head: Me!

Well, if it comforts you - good, that you found it before it would have started to move on it's own. ;o)

Mark said...

Didja have your hands full when you were putting stuff back in the fridge? Or maybe trying to make room for something in the fridge and put it on top so you could maneuver stuff? I did that once with something frozen and, fortunately, found it while it was still cold, but thawed. THAT was dinner next.