Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ghosts Have Been Working Overtime

I don't think I have an overly stocked or even a well stocked kitchen when it comes to gadgets and things.  I do have a few nice things that I feel I don't want to do without, but most of my stuff is old and hand me downs at that.

One thing I have that I love is my ceramic pizza pan that I got from Phil last Christmas.  My old pizza pan has to be 20 years old, and it shows.  It's so nasty that I quit cooking pizzas directly on it years ago.  It must be foil covered to be used.  But, it was better than nothing.  I don't make pizza that often, but it's nice to have a good pizza pan on hand, so Phil helped me out.

This ceramic pizza pan is amazing.  You bake on it, cut the pizza on it, wipe it down and it's ready to be put away.  Nothing sticks to it and that's even after putting a knife to it!  Well, I always wash the pan right after I'm done with it and then it gets put away in the drawer under the oven. 

I went to make a pizza the other night and for the life of me, I could NOT find that pizza pan.  I looked in the drawer where it goes, then looked in every cupboard in the kitchen were the pizza pan would fit into.  No pizza pan.

Phil was upstairs in his room so I called him downstairs.  Some times Phil does empty the dishwasher and put the dishes away.  If he doesn't know where something goes, some times he "finds" a home for it.  While I know I don't put that pan in the dishwasher, I was grasping at straws.  I asked Phil if he put the pan away somewhere as now I couldn't find it. 

Before you know it, the three of us were tearing apart the kitchen, dining room and mud room, looking anywhere that was big enough to house that damn pan.  It was NOWHERE to be found. 

Ron and I had both looked in the drawer that usually houses the pizza pan at least twice each.  No pan.

By now I am sure there is a black hole in my house or at least a spirit playing tricks on me.  Ron even went so far as to ask me if I lent out the pizza pan!  To my knowledge, that pan had NOT left the house.  I will say one thing about Ron - he does NOT give up on a challenge. 

Before I knew it, he was on his hands and knees in the kitchen, practically climbing IN the cupboards, looking for that pizza pan.  He gets to the drawer under the oven, opens it up and guess what.  THERE IS THE DANG PAN!!!!!

For real, we had to have been in that drawer at least five times and there was NO pizza pan in that drawer.  The three of us were still standing in the kitchen so there was no way one of the guys snuck that pan back into the drawer.

My opinion stays the same.  I either have a black hole in my house where household goods go to disappear, or I have spirits in the house that are trying to mess with me.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

What a mystery! I tell you what: I do believe in ghosts. Well, not ghosts who haul away pizza pans, but I believe that our beloved ones always are near us and protect us from evil. So if they took your pizza pan it were good ghosts, who didn't want to harm you. Maybe they watched you searching and laughed about their prank. ;o)