Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Someone Is Trying To Kill Me!

For real!

I've mentioned at least once, twice, a dozen times, that I hate being out in public any more. I hate driving, being in the car, traveling anywhere.

Today was the perfect example as to why. And, this is just TWO instances during my 25 minute ride home from work!

I even drive the long way to and from work, just to choose a route with less traffic. I figure the fewer people I see, the better off I'm going to be. Tonight, coming home from work, I was stopped at a red light with my left turn signal on. Um, in case anyone wasn't sure, yes, I planned on turning left shortly after my light turns green.

Alas, the light changed green, I inched up a little, still with my left turn signal on, and was waiting for the car coming at me, who was also stopped while waiting for the same red light, to go by so that I could turn behind her. Suddenly, this big ass pick up truck (and yes, it was a Ford!) drives around me, in front of oncoming traffic and just TURNS left! WTF? He almost hit the oncoming car head on, and actually, she swerved close to me to avoid eating his freakin front grill! I mean for real. What purpose could this idiot have to justify what he did? I'm in an intersection for crying out loud, waiting for traffic to clear so that I could turn! I can't tell you the terror I felt in that five seconds of my life.

So, I am trying to calm down for the rest of my ride home. I am now on a rural two lane road. I see a car coming at me. The longer I watch, I realize he's really coming AT me. Something looked funny and it took me a second to realize he was in MY LANE! With deep ditches on both sides of the road, there was no where I could go.

I slammed on my brakes and laid on my horn. This idiot finally looked up and realized he had drifted and he moved into his own damn lane in enough time to give me a few gray hairs but not quite the heart attack I'm waiting for.

C'mon now, these two were within five miles of each other. And that wasn't even the end of my nightmare drive home! The route I take is about 14 miles one way. Numerous people tried to do me serious bodily harm in that 14 miles today. I swear I'm going to die in that car.

By the time I got the car in my garage, I was ready to kneel down and kiss the driveway. I couldn't get into the house fast enough, and was met by Ron who was ready to go out for dinner. Crap. Why couldn't I just crawl into bed, pull the covers up over my head and stay there?

Ugh. I changed out of my work boots (there's a blog right there one of these days!) and put my sneakers on and the three of us headed out the door to dinner. What did Ron find when he opened the door to leave? My keys still in the door! At least I remembered to shut and lock the door from the inside! So what if my keys were in the door for anyone to use to get right in! Major brain burp.

So now I'm home, safe and sound. I'm in my jammies and I'm ready to go to bed. Hopefully I won't fall out of bed and crack my head open! That would just be the end to a perfect day.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh Ree, I hope that your week got better! As the pilot of a Practically Transparent Cruiser, I feel your pain when it comes to other drivers in this area. I didn't have my first car accident until last year & it was due to someone else's lack of attention.
Been there & done that with the keys, too. A couple times.
Hope you get a chance to get out and enjoy this beautiful weekend!