Thursday, January 07, 2010

A Day Of Firsts!

In my 46 years (almost 47, thank you very much!) on this earth, there are still a few things I've never done before. One of those things is get a manicure!

My hands have not been one of my best features every since I developed Dyshidrotic Eczema almost 30 years ago. When I'm having an outbreak, I do everything I can to hide my hands from sight. At the moment I'm in what I call my remission phase, but that too shall pass. The only evidence now is I have issues with the nail growth due to the eczema.

Anyway, I don't give my hands much thought. Then came Christmas! For Christmas, I received this nail care collection from Seacret.

Since I've never had a manicure, it took me a few days to pick up the box and pull out the directions and start from scratch on how to give myself a manicure. Here is my right hand before playing with my new nail care toys.


I started with the buffing pad. There are three different colored surfaces that I liken to different grits of sandpaper. In a specific order, you take this buffing pad and one color at a time buff all of your nails. If done properly, here is what it should look like!


Do you see how nice and shiny my nails are? All this without nail polish! This is all just with the buffing pad! Here are both hands together, bottom one done, top one undone with Phil's ankles in the picture! Hey, I needed a button pusher for the camera and Phil was willing!


The best part of this story is that I started with the buffing of the first color, after reading all of the directions of course. It was decided that since Ron was the expert here, he should finish my nails. Why, you ask, is Ron the expert? Believe it or not, in his previous life, he's HAD an actual manicure! This is one man who is very secure in his masculinity!

Besides that, when he was at the mall, (I have NO idea when that happened!) the salesgirl not only did one of his fingernails for him, she made him do another one so that she knew he knew how easy it was. She must have been one heck of a hand holder, because she sold him on the collection! I'm not complaining though!

So, there you go. Ron gave me my manicure. Is that the bomb or what?? Thank you honey! You did a GREAT job! And, here are both hands done! I gotta tell you, this is the first time since I was 17 years old that I thought my hands looked pretty. That alone is worth its weight in gold.


I gotta tell you, if Ron's job ever gets eliminated in my life time, if someone we ALL learn to fix all there is to fix on a computer, a server, a printer or a robotic library, Ron definitely has a new career ready. We've already talked about how I need to make an appointment for my next manicure in two weeks! I just hope I can afford his rates.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

WOW! What a difference!!! Does Ron take appointments?

Ron said...

Absolutely!