Saturday, November 11, 2006

What Will They Think Of Me?

My skin seems to be dryer than normal when I stay in hotels. Whether it’s dirty air filters for all of the circulated air or just the ultra soft water in the showers, I have a hard time with my skin on the road.

One of my rituals before going to bed it taking the little bottle of complimentary body lotion and giving my hands, feet, arms and legs a good dose of some lotion. Last night, when I was done, I left the bottle of lotion on the night side table.

Remember, I have this terrible cold. I also put a lot of tissues on the night side table and some cough drops to get me through the night.

Here is what I saw in the morning on the night table in my hotel room before I left for work:

> Half empty bottle of hand lotion
> A ton of wadded up dirty tissues

Some things are just wrong to think about. The scenario going through my mind of what that could look like was just too much for me. I did not want housekeeping to say “ewww” or heaven forbid, booby trap my room in some way for leaving that “mess” for them. I definitely had to throw out my own tissues and put the lotion back in the bathroom before I left for work.

No comments: