Monday, November 27, 2006

Week In Review

I know, I know. I was a slacker last week. With the holiday, there just wasn’t the time to sit and write a whole lot.

I had to travel to the audit site by myself last week. My other two associates decided against the trip for the short week for one reason or another. Other than getting lost heading to the hotel, there wasn’t much to note.

For the record, if the picture on the internet of the hotel is shown from one side of the road, that’s where it should be when I’m driving up to it. The internet showed my hotel to be on the right side of the street. However, when I was driving up and down, I was looking on that side, only to find out later, through a phone call to the hotel nonetheless, that the hotel was actually on the other side of the street. That’s a hard one to admit. And, it’s not like it was a dinky building, either. It was a 20 story high-rise in the middle of downtown (my room was on the 18th floor, thank you very much!) but somehow I still missed it. I shouldn’t be allowed out alone.

The work week went by quickly as I was only away for three days. Then the fun began!

Dad and Jim were nice enough to brave the crazy people and the traffic to head to our house on Thursday. Since they did all of that, I made sure they didn’t have to eat turkey. I know neither of the guys appreciates the delicate tastes of one of my favorite meals, so I decided to make one of their favorite meals. I got a half of a ham and cooked it up. It honestly turned out to be one of the best hams I ever made. A bottle of Bud Lite in with the ham was all it took. And, since we all know how good cabbage goes with ham, as a side dish, we had another family favorite, fried cabbage and noodles. Good eats at our house this holiday for sure.

Friday, Ron and I headed to Erie and had a day of visiting. Maura was in town with her husband for a fast weekend trip so we met up together at one of our old hangouts and had a nice lunch. I’m telling you, a lunch was not enough time to spend with my good friend. I miss her to death and the hug good bye was definitely difficult. But, at least a lunch visit was better than nothing.

After lunch, Ron and I even got to stop in and chit chat with Aunt Mary! She is still cute as the dickens for sure. Aunt Mary hugs are some of the best you can get. Unfortunately, we had just come from lunch with Maura so we had to decline the offer of pie. That’s just wrong on a lot of levels. No one should ever say no to pie. So, I took extra hugs instead and all was well with my world.

After a nice visit with Aunt Mary, we headed to see Dad before we left town. After spending more quality time with Dad and Jim, we finally hit the road home. I’m glad Ron was driving, since I not only hate to drive on good days, but with the holiday traffic mixed in, it would have made me a bit crazy. It was much better to just sit back and try to enjoy the scenery.

Saturday we had the chance to catch up with Mike, Mary Jane and their whole family. I’m telling you, even a month or so goes by in between seeing the kids and I can’t believe how many changes in them all. Evan and Isaiah are getting so big! Poor Isaiah though, had a heck of a cold and sure wasn’t up to par. Grady and Noah were the happy little babies mostly content in just watching all that was going on with everyone else. I even tried to pinch the little ones to get a little commotion going on, but they couldn’t be bothered. Life was good, no use in fussing.

Sunday was spent trying to relax and forget about the world for one day before I headed back to reality.

So it was a very busy weekend. It was great to see all of the family that I don’t get to see very often. That’s the best part of any holiday.

No comments: