Sunday, November 19, 2006

It Wasn't ME!

This is one for the record books! Mainly just because it wasn't ME this time!

Ron at this very moment is cooking us lunch. I'm upstairs watching my DVR and playing on the computer. What do I hear?? The smoke alarm right in the hallway outside of this room! Blaring for all it's worth. This is not a test. This is the real thing!

Ron yells up the steps and says "oops! Lunch is almost ready!" I reached up to the smoke alarm up here and took out the battery and said "I gotta blog about this!" So, here we are.

(Another smoke alarm just started going off! This is a TWO alarm lunch!)

Hey, it's not an unusual thing for a smoke alarm to go off while I'm cooking. Trust me, that's how I usually know the meal is ready to eat. But, in 3-1/2 years that Ron and I have lived together, this is the first time that HE set off the smoke alarms! Way to go honey!

I knew if he hung around me long enough I'd rub off on him. Welcome to my world honey! I'm proud of you!!

p.s. Lunch was turkey mignon, pierogis and corn. It was delicious!! Great job honey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! ! ! Where is my plate? That lunch sounds good even from here and with the two alarm notice.

Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Two Alarm Smoke detectors? Hmm, and here I thought two alarm rating was for the "Heat" of the food. the more alarms, more of the "Heat". Hmm, was your second alarm the snooze setting for arriving to the table on time? Enjoy!