Monday, November 27, 2006

My Bad. No, Really - My BAD

Some days I have more of Mom in me than I care to admit.

I got back to town on Wednesday afternoon and pretty much did nothing the rest of that day. Then, Thursday morning was spent making sure the house was presentable for company. Mostly, I just had to get rid of all of the mail that has accumulated on the table. I made three piles for the mail. One pile was the bills that had to be paid, one pile was for Ron’s stuff and one pile was for stuff to be thrown out. This worked in theory.

Last night, I sat down to pay all of the bills that were stacked in pile one. Ron was going through pile two to look for his expense check that was on the table so he could get a deposit ready to go into the bank. Poor guy looked and looked and looked. Guess what? No check.

So I helped him look. And we looked. And then we looked some more. His check wasn’t in my pile, it wasn’t in his pile and it wasn’t left on the dining room table. Only other option was that it was pile three – the pile that was thrown out.

Hey, when I pick up the table, I pick up the table.

Sorry, honey. My bad.

No comments: