Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I Am Stuffed Like a Pizza


The best part about traveling for work is the food. Dang, we do eat well on the road.

And, being someplace new is all about discovering new places to eat. The heck with the Applebee's or Papa John's you can get anywhere. I want something new and exciting. It is our mission to boldly go where few Clevelanders have gone before! We live for our dinner!

This week alone has been a winner every night. Monday started with Wolfgang Puck's. I had a pretty good chicken and pasta dish. Tuesday we found a great Irish pub by accident, the Celtic Knot. It was awesome! We each picked one of the specialties of the place. I went with fish and chips while my boss went for the Sheppard's pie. Hard to know which one of us did better they were both fantastic.

Tonight though, we went for authentic deep dish stuffed Chicago-style pizza. Holy Cow! We ordered a medium pizza and between two of us, we couldn't finish it. It wasn't for the lack of trying though. I can't tell you how full I am! If anyone has the opportunity to try some real Chicago-style pizza, I strongly recommend it. It's not like anything you'll ever get at Pizza Hut or Donatos or whatever your favorite joint happens to be.

I have about one and a half pieces leftover. I don't know why I brought them back to the hotel with me, but I did! Who knows, maybe I'll wake in the middle of the night and want to abuse my tummy. It's happened before.

So much for my diet!

Update to yesterday's blog . . . I am feeling much better today!

No comments: