Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ree's Bed and Breakfast


Well, ok, we're not great at breakfasts, but Jim was willing to spend the weekend with us anyway! Speaking for myself, I think we had a great time.

Jim joined us on Friday. Ron and I had a few technical difficulties getting home that night, but that's another story. Poor Jim ended up sitting in our driveway awhile waiting for one of us to get here. I'm telling you, I need to hand out more keys to the house!

But, the wait was worth it. We whipped up one heck of a batch of lasagna from a recipe that is older than dirt. My lasagna recipe is the recipe Cathie got in home ec class in highschool! It is an old recipe, yes, but it's also very easy to follow, and judging by the "mmm mmm" noises around the table at dinner, I would say it was mighty tasty!

Saturday Jim, Ron and I went on a picnic. That's the picture at the top of this post. We went to one of our favorite parks that is right on the lake. As you can see, it was an overcast day, but still very beautiful. Especially considering that this was on November 5th, and none of us needed coats or even jackets. That's my kind of November day. We grabbed a picnic table and had some sandwiches and enjoyed the lake and the two views below.





Hopefully y'all can see why this is one of our favorite parks. It's just so beautiful there, even without the fountain being on. The fountain can be seen in the middle picture. (And that's my lonely car in the parking lot in the bottom picture!)

Saturday evening, we partied hearty at Mike and Mary Jane's. They put on a FEAST! One dish was better than the next. Seriously, kudos to both cooks. Once again, meal time was filled with "mmm mmm" sounds and not much talking. After dinner, I think all pants were unbuttoned! No, not in getting ready to audition for the Jerry Springer show, just trying to making room for dessert. It didn't work, but that's ok. The cake we found out on Sunday, pretty much sucked!

Anyway, before Jim headed back home, we made a stop at Dave & Busters. Everyone should try out the place at least once. There really is something for everyone. One note to self here. No more car racing games for me! The three of us competed against each other. This is one of those games that there is a big screen in front of us, and the car "seats" that we sit in for this game actually move! You hit the virtual wall with your race car, it almost feels like you hit a real wall! Same thing with hitting another race car!

I know I'm competitive, especially with Ron. And, I'm pigheaded. I was trailing Ron most of the race. Finally, I came up on the inside and took over the lead! I thought it would be smooth sailing to the end of the race! If only I could keep it on the track and off of the wall, I thought I could do it! All of a sudden....who is that coming up on my left?? Oh NO! Car # 8! None other than Ron! That's not fair! I don't know how, but I know he's cheating!! I would have none of it. I gave it my all and got really ugly. I knocked him spinning into the wall while I took the win for myself! Go me!

The price for me cheating? I was car sick like you wouldn't believe. Ugh. I guess I deserved that!

Nausea aside, I had a great weekend. Huge hugs to Jim for giving up a free weekend and spending it with us. I'm already starting on plans for what we're doing on his next Ohio vacation! Love you, brother!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The whole weekend felt like a Mardi Gras event. I ate the whole time. What wonderful meals we enjoyed! And the drinks! Woo hoo! I haven't consumed that much in quite a while. Only thing these people, (as a group I mean)did't do, was drive or walk thru the neighborhood revelling all night long. Thanks once again to my siblings offering to host each evening!